Re: micq on hurd

--- harshu@hd2.vsnl.net.in wrote:

> Hello Folks!,
>
> I was just wondering if text based icq client a.k.a micq has been
> ported to
> the GNU/HURD system. If it is not, I would like to work on it. The
> problem is that I am a newbie and don't know how to go about. I
> would appreciate some pointers.
>
> regards
> harsha

Hi,
 micq is a dead project, it hasn't kept up with v7 of icq.

micq works fine on GNU Hurd though, so if you care to use an icq
client that is useless, have fun with micq on GNU Hurd.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU