Re: Installation

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 11:59:26AM -0500, kreuter@ausar.rutgers.edu wrote:

> > I'm trying to install GNU/Hurd, dpkg method.

>   Do you mean the method documented at

> http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install

Yes.

> http://web.walfield.org/pub/people/neal/papers/hurd-installation-guide/english/hurd-install-guide.html

Thanks. This guide got me the idea to try to install on another
hard-drive :-) My guess at why it wasn't working:

 - GNUMach (says the guide) reacts badly to shared IRQ's
 - My SCSI card is basically two SCSI controllers on one chip, and
   those two controllers "obviously" share the same IRQ.

I installed everything on an IDE disk (same machine), and it works.

Maybe my SCSI card simply isn't supported by the drivers, or the Linux
2.0.36 driver has a bug that shows up with my specific card and that
was corrected only after?

> Hope that helps.

Thanks.

--