Re: More turtle info...

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 07:59:13PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Ben, was there a hard requirement to rename the source? It is okay to rename
> db to db2 if you intend to continue with db to build libdb3 packages. But
> they got into their own source, so that's probably not the case.

There was a hard reason. That reason being that I took over db2 and the
build for it was so ugly I had to redo the package from scratch in order
to sanely have a chance of fixing bugs. As this required a new full
source upload, which dinstall doesn't allow without a new upstream
version, I had to rename the source. Since db3 and db1 have specific
source package names, I felt it was also a good idea to make db2 follow
that anyway.

Now, James has assured me that the old db source will obsolete itself in
time. The sparc autobuilder has not complained about this at all. Seems
to me there is something specific about how hurd is handling this that
makes it choke.