Re: More turtle info...

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:51:51PM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> This'll be a bit of a pain to find your package, since it will mean
> you have to look in 2 places for build information.  My understanding
> from Marcus is that he's cleaning up some of the error handling in
> turtle before resolving this problem, since it's largely cosmetic.

Ehm, unfortunately not. It is much worse, to implement this correctly, the
turtle1 needs to feed the turtle database with its data, for example over a
network. This requires the implementation of the communication protocol we
talked about. This will take some time, as I have enough to do with making a
single turtle work well enough on the Hurd right now.

> db - This broke in the last version - I think their looking for
> profiles C libraries.  Check the build log.

You need to have libc0.2-prof installed to build those.

> screen - This compiles, but doesn't work.  Marcus said he may have
> some ideas on this one.

Eh, yes. I think it might try to close all file descriptors. I think it was
fixed at some time, and I haven't looked into the latest version, but it
might be this or something else.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de