Re: More turtle info...

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 09:23:11PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
> > The problem is that there are now two source packages which produce the same
> > binaries. How can an autobuilder know which of the two should be build?
>
> Well, to Ben's credit it should be said that this problem is somewhat
> peculiar to turtle. AFAIK the other autobuilder just pick up whatever
> source packages are uploaded in roughly FIFO fashion, compile, upload,
> and forget about them. The db -> db2 renaming will be hardly noticable
> there.

Mh. Okay. The more I think about it, the smaller the problem appears to be.
Ben, sorry for bothering you.

> Maybe turtle could be extended to at least detect this kind of
> overlap.

It would be useful information. I will think about it.

Thanks in any way for noticing it!  I have never really thought about
different source packages producing the same binaries, and it is quite
important to be aware of the issue.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de