Re: Getcwd?

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Well, moving things into a seperate usr might or might not work, it is not
> the intention and you should have said it in the first mail that you did
> something unusual. It is likely that it will not work right without some
> adjustments, but I wouldn't expect getcwd to fail.

Why should we not have a separate /usr?  Especially with the filesystem
size limits we have on the hurd, I would think putting /usr on its own
partition should be a natural choice?

I'm currently running with only one big partition (the old /usr ;) and
swap.  Could I for example put /var on its own file system without
mysterious things happening?

> The ftpfs stuff sounds more likely, but a reboot should have fixed that. If
> after a reboot getcwd doesn't work, and you didn't install ftpfs in some
> unusual place, I wouldn't expect any problem either.

It seemed to me that the system "remembered" the set translator over
boots.  It surely tends to remember remember my network config.

Are there any design documents for hurd (and debian hurd) available, so
that a newbie like me could learn the ropes without bothering the list
with every minor nit?

> How did you set up the ftpfs directory?

After the reformat, I do not have the .bash_history available, but it
was something like this:

settrans -c /sunsite /hurd/ftpfs sunsite.uio.no:/
(/sunsite did not exist before the settrans, but was created)

It's probably wrong in some obvious way, as /hurd/ftpfs --help was not
the easiest help I have read...  :)

> There is -fg (force goaway), and then there is kill and kill -9.

I didn't try -fg, only -g, but neither kill nor kill -9 seemed to bother
the storeio.

Oystein
--
Ebg13 arire tbrf bhg bs fglyr..