Re: Getcwd?

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 03:41:33PM +0100, Oystein Viggen wrote:
> I just spent all night installing debian gnu/hurd on my 486, and today I
> thought I'd even try compiling something  ;)

I think you might need to go back to the installation stage :)

> make: getcwd: : Gratuitous error
> pwd: cannot get current directory: Gratuitous error

This doesn't look as if your system is anywhere near to a functional state.
Something was hosed up seriously. You can not expect anything to work if
getcwd doesn't.

Alas, I have never seen such misbehaving. I suggest you reinstall from
scratch, on a clean filesystem, and watch out for problems in an earlier
stage.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de