Re: GRUB lockup during boot

Neal,

Thank you for the reply.  I believe you are correct about the conflict not
coming from the SCSI controller.  I tried going in and removing each of my
PCI & ISA cards one at a time, including the SCSI controller, and the lockup
still occurs.  I even had a spare video card that I pulled out of the dustbin
and installed.

I believe that a kernel build as you suggest is probably the only solution
to this, as something is obviously conflicting internally that I can't seem
to isolate.  I will probably also wax the HURD partition and start over, d/l
the .debs and using the dpkg-hurd program from within my debian partition
rebuild this time.

Unfortunately I won't have a chance to do this for a few days, but I will drop
you and the list an email letting everyone know what happens.  Hopefully
someone else will be able to benefit from from anything I learn.

Thanks for putting me on right track,

Roger Williams