Re: Second version of my (german) article on Hurd

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 02:17:58AM +0100, Moritz Schulte wrote:
> One question: Should I use "Translatoren" or "Translators"? I thought
> "Translatoren" would be used in german Hurd documentation...

I use Übersetzer, because that's what they are. I don't know if there is
german Hurd documentation but the articles I wrote. I think it is silly to use
german declensions or conjugations for foreign words, like "Votet euren
Lieblingssong". It only leads to confusion [1].

[1] I consider this practice acceptable only for jokes and words which are
incorporated by usual language development, like pullover etc.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de