Re: Making an apt-able GNU/Hurd CDROM

Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez <vigu@ctv.es> writes:

> I don't known why apt and his powerfull interfaces aren't in Debian
> GNU/HURD, anybody can explain me please?.

<URL:ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/base/apt_0.3.19.0_hurd-i386.deb>

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian/ is apt-able, but of course this
is useless until you have apt. I'm not sure why apt is not installed
by default (in the tarball or by the script). Maybe because apt still
crashes the machine hard sometimes ...

aptitude should be available on your nearest Debian mirror, soon. If
you prefer console-apt, you should check out whether you can build it
from source.

--
Robbe