Re: New

> I started programming in C++ almost 4 years ago (under MS-DOS). Most of my
> experience on it is realted to compression/encryption programs (which I
> love!). 'cause of that I was looking aroud the list to see if it was
> possible for me to begin my contribution to the project by trying something
> related to that (like tar or gzip). Unfortunatelly both tar and gzip seems
> to be already tested. Yet, is there anything that I could do to help in the
> tar/gzip packages, or they are "already prepared to the Hurd" (docs, manual,
> etc.)?

At the moment, tar does not understand translators.  If you could get
this working (under both the hurd and gnu/linux), that would be great.

Additionally, executing compressed executables goes not work at the
moment (it appears to be a bug in the exec server), you could also check
that out.

-Neal

--
Neal H Walfield