Re: New

Marcus / List,

First of all, thanks for your attention.
Wow! It seems that there really is a lot to do (1500 packages!). It's a
lonnnnnnng way....but we'll get there!
I've received some FTP address from the list where I can find the Debian
GNU/Hurd for download (I think it's the version 0.02 - the .ISO filez). I'll
download the .ISO filez as soon as I finish my other download (which I hope
will be soon).

I need some help/guidance to understand completely the "project" and see how
can i contribute to it.
I was wondering if you could help me with that. Like:
-> In the part of checking out the packages, I should first select a package
that is in the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, and that is not in the Hurd
Packages list
(ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386/Packages) and
then ask in the list if it is possible for me do check it?
-> In the edition/creation of the docs, is it just related to the
instalation of the OS? Do I also have to report it to the list?

I started programming in C++ almost 4 years ago (under MS-DOS). Most of my
experience on it is realted to compression/encryption programs (which I
love!). 'cause of that I was looking aroud the list to see if it was
possible for me to begin my contribution to the project by trying something
related to that (like tar or gzip). Unfortunatelly both tar and gzip seems
to be already tested. Yet, is there anything that I could do to help in the
tar/gzip packages, or they are "already prepared to the Hurd" (docs, manual,
etc.)?

I hope i'm not bothering you (Marcus).
Thanks, once again

Custodio, L. C.