Network hardware types

Hi,

In order to get networking working on the Hurd, I need a DHCP client
(I've got a cable modem), so I've been having a look at porting the one
I use on Linux, dhcp-client. Of course, a DHCP client needs to look at
configured interfaces and do things to them based on the hardware type
(loopback, Ethernet, token ring, etc.), and it uses the various ARPHRD_*
system-defined symbols to do this.

Unfortunately, none of the Hurd's header files define these symbols.
Should I just define them myself to the Linux values as a stopgap
measure for now? Or are the interfaces to low-level networking in the
Hurd so radically different to those in Unix that I'll need to do much
more porting work than this?