Re: /etc/mtab

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 02:38:17PM +0100, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:

> /
> /home           (user playground)
> /linux          (Linux /)
> /mess/c         (M$ C: drive)
>
> Everything except root is a passive translator. I wouldn't want the M$
> stuff in my locate database ... and I'm not sure I want Linux things
> in there, but I certainly want the /home tree.

But why wouldn't you want the MS stuff in the locate database? It
would happen on any other system with that partition quasi-permanently
mounted. And, as was said, the update happens in the wee hours of the
morning and the extra time isn't going to kill you and may just help
if you do ever need a file that's on that partition.

I fail to see what the problem is. If there's a translator in place,
then it acts as a mounted partition.

Kevin.