Re: Problems installing hurd on i386

> I have exactly the same problem with my PIII 450 box.
> The boot process just hang after COM port detection but it's not a
> gnumach problem, it's a serverboot problem.
> I have try other gnumach binaries (with and without many option).
> Gnumach give the hand to serverboot and the thing hang even if severboot.gz
> is on a floppy fisk.

I had the same problem nine months ago.  It turned out that serverboot
was unable to read my ext2fs partition.  Make sure that you are using
the latest Debs or tarball.

-Neal

Neal H Walfield                                            neal@walfield.org
University of Massachusetts at Lowell                    nwalfiel@cs.uml.edu
Fax: 603-415-3645                                        Phone: 978 531 6587
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
                -- H. L. Mencken