Re: Problems installing hurd on i386

> I have exactly the same problem with my PIII 450 box.
> The boot process just hang after COM port detection but it's not a
> gnumach problem, it's a serverboot problem.
> I have try other gnumach binaries (with and without many option).
> Gnumach give the hand to serverboot and the thing hang even if severboot.gz
> is on a floppy fisk.

I had the same problem nine months ago.  It turned out that serverboot
was unable to read my ext2fs partition.  Make sure that you are using
the latest Debs or tarball.

Neal H Walfield                                            neal@walfield.org
University of Massachusetts at Lowell                    nwalfiel@cs.uml.edu
Fax: 603-415-3645                                        Phone: 978 531 6587
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
                -- H. L. Mencken