Re: Problems installing hurd on i386

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 05:15:03AM +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> hi,
>     Neal> Hi, This is not your problem; Otherwise, it seems unlikely
>     Neal> that you could have gotten as far in the boot process as you
>     Neal> did.
>     Neal> Do you have SCSI enabled in your BOIS?  If so, try turning
>     Neal> it off and seeing if that helps.  Eitherway, which tarball
>     Neal> are you using?
> Does hurd try to load a
> filesystem at this point?  Or is it trying to configure some device??

I have exactly the same problem with my PIII 450 box.
The boot process just hang after COM port detection but it's not a
gnumach problem, it's a serverboot problem.
I have try other gnumach binaries (with and without many option).
Gnumach give the hand to serverboot and the thing hang even if severboot.gz
is on a floppy fisk.

--
Denis Bodor
"It's time to join the Hurd and be a GNU !"