Re: Manual Pages for GNUmach

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 03:32:46AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 02:34:28AM +0200, Farid Hajji wrote:
> > BTW, wouldn't it be reasonable to reunify most/all Hurd mailing lists
> > somewhere at gnu.org where they truly belong? The traffic volume on
> > those lists is currently not that high and would probably justify
> > this approach (?).
>
> Which "all"? debian-hurd is truly for discussing the Debian distribution
> (although we attract all sort of other discussions, which would belong to
> help-hurd or bug-hurd actually). Beside debian-hurd, there is help-hurd and
> bug-hurd at gnu. That's all.

People use debian-hurd only because of two important reasons :
1) it's much easier to use Debian archives than GNU archives.
2) subscribers-base overlaps very much, so there is no big difference where you post,
   if you post to debian-hurd everyone interested will get the mail anyway.

Really, ther's not any mojor reason to not merge them all, as far as
Debian is the only important GNU/Hurd distribution, and I doubt it will change
this year.