Re: Manual Pages for GNUmach

>> Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:41:21 -0500 (EST) <curt@gwis.com> (Cowboy) wrote:
>> > Can we agree to post 100K attachments to ONE list ?
>> > ( or preferably, an FTP site. Perhaps an open site, like mine )
>> > Those of us subscribed to more than one, and some paying by
>> > the minute, would appreciate it.

>> Ouch, that hurt! Since I'm also subscribed to both lists and since
>> I'm also paying by the minute (and here in EU, telcos are much
>> more expensive than in the US), I was also triply penalized while
>> uploading and downloading, and all this only for trying to help. So
>> Cowboy, please accept my public apologies in response to your public
>> reprimand :-).

 While an appology is certainly accepted, it is also unnecessary, as my
 intent was not a reprimand at all, but simply a suggestion for future
 as it's often a problem for me ( a buisness asociate who insists on
 e-mail attaching 100K + word docs to a large list, and which often
 causes POP3 to inexplicably hang indefinately, perhaps permanently ).

>>  Sure, a publicly available FTP upload area
>> somewhere at *.gnu.org would have been preferable (if it only were
>> available and publicly announced... sigh!).

 While certainly better, mine is available for miscelaneous whatever
 until such time as something better becomes available.
 It will max out at around 10 meg or so presently.

 http:/w3.gwis.com/~curt/
 and follow the link to "Incoming files - you can up-load files here:"
 or
 ftp://ftp.pipeline.com/users/curt/incoming/

--
Cowboy

Putt's Law:
	Technology is dominated by two types of people:
		Those who understand what they do not manage.
		Those who manage what they do not understand.