Re: Manual Pages for GNUmach

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 02:34:28AM +0200, Farid Hajji wrote:
> From Debian, I'd expected Marcus or someone else to turn those man pages into
> yet another Debian package

Never expect something from me silently, just push it and make your demands.
I am quite dense at times, such as this, and didn't get the wink.

(If I think your demand is not interesting to me, or my plate is full, I
will simply say so as well, so someone else can pick it up).

I haven't looked at the pages yet, but if they fit, I will happily include
them in gnumach-dev. I would prefer to wait until you revised them. Keep me
posted.

> and help-hurd may be more interested in
> gnumach/hurd hacking anyway. Sure, a publicly available FTP upload area
> somewhere at *.gnu.org would have been preferable (if it only were
> available and publicly announced... sigh!).

We have alpha.gnu.org, were such stuff usually resides.
And if you make yourself a sourceforge account, I am sure Jeff will happily
add you as a developer and you can put it there yourself (in CVS, as tar
files, in the web site, whatever you prefer).

> BTW, wouldn't it be reasonable to reunify most/all Hurd mailing lists
> somewhere at gnu.org where they truly belong? The traffic volume on
> those lists is currently not that high and would probably justify
> this approach (?).

Which "all"? debian-hurd is truly for discussing the Debian distribution
(although we attract all sort of other discussions, which would belong to
help-hurd or bug-hurd actually). Beside debian-hurd, there is help-hurd and
bug-hurd at gnu. That's all.