Re: shadowfs

Am Fri, May 12, 2000 at 08:02:17PM +0200 schrieb Norbert Nemec:
> * What about deletion of files? If I have a read-only base filesystem and a
>   read-write filesystem mounted on top of it, the result should behave just
>   like a ordinary read-write system. So I should be able to delete files and
>   directories. How should that be marked in a straight-forward way?

It should behave like a ordinary read-write system. If you delete a file or
directory, you have to make a copy of the parent directory on the read-write
system with the deleted entry removed. Well, the new directory should notice
any creations in the original one and copy them. Hmm, i.e. you have to set
some special flags for it. How can you store them during reboots? Or is there
another hurdish way?

--
Stefan Karrmann