Re: shadowfs

Question: Is there any detailed description of the utopious shadowfs yet? Or
is it only a vague "Would be a neat thing if we had some thing like..."?

If there is none, the first thing to happen should be that someone puts a
*complete* description together before anyone starts coding on it. Some
things that should be added to the to-be-considered list:

* File permissions (relatively easy)
* Directory permissions (not that easy)
* What about deletion of files? If I have a read-only base filesystem and a
  read-write filesystem mounted on top of it, the result should behave just
  like a ordinary read-write system. So I should be able to delete files and
  directories. How should that be marked in a straight-forward way?