Re: Another installation report (quite long)

Samuel Hocevar <sam@via.ecp.fr> wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 04, 2000, Colin Watson wrote:
>> [1] I don't like its licence either, but it's the only way I can run the
>>     Hurd at all at the moment. Someone mentioned Bochs, but while that
>>     may be open source, its licence is commercial and only allows you a
>>     30-day trial.
>
>  A few days ago, when Kevin Lawton was hired by Mandrakesoft to work on
>plex86 (formerly known as FreeMWare), Bochs was LGPLed.

Oops. I looked at the front page of http://www.bochs.com/ and saw
"Development of bochs is done in an open contributory model. The license
for bochs is commercial.", which they obviously haven't updated yet; and
the announcement below that misspelled LGPL as LGP so it didn't catch my
eye. :)

Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]