Re: Three silly questions to the Hurd-Core

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 09:39:17PM -0500, Lucas C. Wagner wrote:

> > This is very wrong, please don't make such errornous statements in the
> > public. It only alienates people.
> >

> Well, aside from the political correctness, I would say many people view it
> as a replacement for the Linux kernel even if those are not the words that
> you would choose to say them in.

I wouldn't object if you say it's your replacement, or anyones in particular.
It's also my replacement, but the truth is even better: It does not replace
something else, it fills a long-standing huge gap: Nothing like the Hurd was
ever attempted before.

> RMS's dogmatics don't help the issue and
> many Linux users say worse things about the Hurd because of Torvalds'
> discussion a while back.  I think they can withstand a few comments like
> these...

Two false don't make a right :)