Threading (pthreads in particular)

I was working with the 1.5.2 version of Python this weekend
to get it to build on the Hurd (Python assumes some funky
non-CMU variant of cthreads which requires some source changes
to work on the hurd).

I was wondering how the progress goes with respect to getting
pthreads running on the Hurd.  Last I heard there was some
snag that had stalled progress.  Is this still true?

I also saw this (on the python list this morning, coincidentally)
This may be of no help at all, but Max OS X is based on an older
version of Mach, so maybe there's something useful:

http://www.prnet.de/RegEx/pthread.tar.gz

Thanks,

-Brent