Re: settrans

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 01:49:51PM -0500, cbbrowne@godel.brownes.org wrote:

> Is there a decent set of documentation on settrans out there?

Note that settrans does almost nothing. It simply writes a STRING to an
INODE. Syntax is "settrans INODE STRING". There are some options that
specify what to do if a translator already exists (passive or active), but
this is "advanced" usage.

For translators in general, see

http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-doc-translator

a 12kB piece I wrote on translators.

For individual translators, check their documentation.

> I've been trying to get a Hurd instance to speak to my network; it
> has not been terribly successful thus far, and I think what I'm not
> properly understanding is settrans.

So you should be muhc more concerned with the pfinet translator than with
settrans.

`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org  Check Key server
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de                        PGP Key ID 36E7CD09
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/