Re: settrans

> What is settrans ? I've seen in the easy guide that is used to mount
> devices and set up network; but which is it's real utility ?
> Why don't have a mount command ?

A fundamental concept of the Hurd is something known as translators. These
are usually Hurd servers that are hung off of filesystem nodes.

Hurd servers could basically do anything, some of which implement
filesystems like ext2 and ufs. When you mount a filesystem, you
essentially attach the ext2fs translator to a mount point, and telling the
translator which partition to use.

The mount command is currently a script which calls settrans with
the proper arguements based on the command line supplied.

According to the TODO list, a binary mount is desired.

--Michael Bacarella