Re: Network setup program

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 12:24:32PM +0200, Juli-Manel Merino Vidal wrote:
> I don't know if there is already a network setup program for The HURD.

Yes, someone (I don't remember the name) implemented support for multiple
ethernet interfaces and wrote some utilities to configure the route etc,
too. However, those are not included in the distribution (but Thomas will
investigate it).

For general maintenance, we will probably make use of whatever Debian
provides at installation and later. There is a proposal and implementation
underway for general configuration of a Dbeian machine, and I will make sure
we will have a module for networking under Hurd. Your code may be useful at
this stage.

`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org  Check Key server
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de                        PGP Key ID 36E7CD09
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/