Re: Hurd crash when using "patch"

Pontus Lidman <pontus@lysator.liu.se> writes:

> cd: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
> directories: Computer bought the farm

Perhaps the filesystem server dies?  Try repeating the crash on a
non-root filesystem, so that the entire machine doesn't go down.

> (which I gathered is SIGLOST, whatever it means)

from glibc docs:

 - Macro: int SIGLOST
     Resource lost.  This signal is generated when you have an
     advisory lock on an NFS file, and the NFS server reboots and
     forgets about your lock.

     In the GNU system, `SIGLOST' is generated when any server
     program dies unexpectedly.  It is usually fine to ignore the
     signal; whatever call was made to the server that died just
     returns an error.