Re: Hurd crash when using "patch"

Pontus Lidman <pontus@lysator.liu.se> writes:

> Now I've run into some really annoying problems. I've tried getting the
> ssh 1.2.27 source, dsc and diff, to build it under the Hurd.
> Unfortunately, the patch program causes the Hurd to crash and reboot when
> the debian diff is applied to the source.

In case you have stumbled on a fs-related bug, it might be a good idea
to try to repeat it when working on a different filesystem than the
root filesystem.

If it is some other essential server than the root fs-server that has
died, I don't know what the standard procedure is. Perhaps try the
sub-hurd thing?

/Niels