Re: Dying translator

   Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:06:22 +0200
   From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

   On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 02:57:04PM +0200, Michal Prihoda wrote:
   > On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
   >
   > > 1. The exact command you typed to set the translator.
   > > 2. The output of showtrans /servers/socket/2
   > > 3. The network card yo use and if GNU Mach detected it.
   >
   > 	In fact I need make just the localhost to work, cause my hurd machine is
   > network-less right now. No network card, and no network to connect to. I only
   > experiment at home with that, sitting on the network at my job.

   Ah, okay. I am sorry, but I forgot to apply the dummy interface patch to GNU
   Mach in gnumach 1.2-1, so you have to compile your own version or wait for
   the next upload. You can get the patch from me.

Please keep in mind that there is a reason why the dummy interface is
not included in the gnumach sources.  It was a temporary hack, and the
idea is that it should be replaced by appropriate functionality in
pfinet.  However I will not be working on this in the near future!

Mark