Re: Dying translator

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> 1. The exact command you typed to set the translator.
> 2. The output of showtrans /servers/socket/2
> 3. The network card yo use and if GNU Mach detected it.

	In fact I need make just the localhost to work, cause my hurd machine is
network-less right now. No network card, and no network to connect to. I only
experiment at home with that, sitting on the network at my job.

	So the native-install says that "settrans /servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet
--interface=dummy --address=192.168.0.1" would do the job. I tried to set it
the way I know from linux, but it says that there's no lo interface. I tried
to change to address to 127.0.0.1, but it didn't work either.

	When I use showtrans on the /servers/socket/2, so it says "/hurd/pfinet
--interface....", exactly the way I told it to be with settrans.  Do I need to
have a network card in to make the network work? (That would be really ugly...
)

Regards,

Michal Prihoda.