Re: APT

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 04:55:24PM +0200, Per Lundberg wrote:

> apt-get update went on just fine, and it downloaded the Packages file
> without problems. After it was done updating the database, it returned to
> the prompt (like when you press C-z), and when I did a 'fg' it generated a
> segmentation fault. (I couldn't investigate in this further, since my gdb
> was linked to a non-existing libshouldbeinlibc.so.. which package is this
> in?)

Okay, so the shlibdeps info in the gdb binary is not correct. I will soon
update gdb and make sure it is okay (yes, mark, I know I wanted to do this a
few days earlier :)

You will want hurd-dev anyway, so it's not a loss :)

I will try to take a look at apt myself. The architecture stuff is something
I am particulary concerned with, and this should be done right... I wonder
how apt determines the installation architecture.

> Another thing I discovered is that the Hurd bails out totally if it runs
> out of memory. But I guess this is quite known? ;)

Use swap. Use even more swap. That helps alot.