Re: ncr support?

From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Subject: Re: ncr support?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:27:34 +0100

> OKUJI, can we have some option like --enable-all-drivers to get maximum
> driver support, (probably followed by --disable-xxx to disable
> conflicting/unwanted
> drivers)? Or --enable-all-network --enable-all-scsi etc?

  Currently, --disable-xxx for Linux drivers can't work. I didn't feel
to fix this, but should this work? Perhaps yes, but you can write your
own script to enable all the Linux drivers without any mistake,
instead of adding --enable-all-xxx (I don't like switches like
--enable-all-xxx, I feel they are too violent).

  In addition, it doesn't make sense to enable all scsi drivers, in
many cases. Because they often conflict when detecting scsi devices.
GNU Mach doesn't have loadable modules, so we have to prepare many
kernel images as Slackware does.

~o o~    OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
 s  )    http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (check "okuji.asc" !)