Re: base/Install Package

Max <tazq@crazy.ml.org> wrote:
> Yes, I've got a network goign here.  (Grub/Winm98 <-> Linux (masq) <->
> Internet).  I'd be happy to test the packages.  I'll tell you when I can
> get telnet to my shell account to write you mail that I'm writing you mail
> from a shell account that I connected to from Grub :P

Oooh, ooh!  I'm jealous.  :-)

> As far as I can tell, PPP isn't supported yet. :/  And it woul be a fairly
> large undertaking to do.

You mean to do PPP The Hurd Way, right?  A while back, Okuji Yoshinori
sent some mail regarding work he had done to make gnumach work with
"Linux drivers".  I'm not sure whether that code has made it into the
gnumach package, and I haven't asked Okuji about the details, but that
might be a lazy way for someone to get PPP working and familiarize
himself with the Hurd/Linux driver interface.

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-hurd-9812/msg00002.html is
Okuji's most recent posting on the subject.

-John