Re: Some tasks for Debian people

   Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:30:43 +0100
   From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

   Hi,

   if you have a boring afternoon, you can choose among the following topics:

   *  dpkg-shlibdeps: Last time I tried it, it crashed the maschine. Find out
      why and how to fix it. It is a perl script in dpkg-dev.

      This is probably related to "ldd", which also crashes sometimes.

The dynamic linker (ld.so, which is invoked by `ldd') is still not
entirely kosher.  Fixing things requires some reorganisation, which
probably would not be welcomed right now, since the 2.1 release seems
to be rather close.  And I don't have the time to do it now anyway.

By the way, your machine probably didn't crash, but just locked up the
console.  Maybe we should add some code to the term server that
thoroughly kills the Mach task that corresponds to the process that
was last started if you press a specific key combination.  But this is
not easy since it might hang before contacting the proc server.

Mark