Re: Problems getting the .debs :(

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 11:10:45PM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> >
> > > The 106-0.3 should be in the archive, or they were delayed or rejected. If you
> > > can't get them, use 106-0.2 or make Gordon upload them to alpha...
> >
> > OK - I got 106-0.2. from the uk mirror (phew)
>
> 106-0.2 works fine, it is a tested version. 106-0.3 works also. I will test
> 109 soon.
>
> > > Sorry. Slang was rejected because it was an old version. Either get the tar
> > > ball (in it is my old version), or wait for me to upload slang1.
> >
> > How long is this likely to be? I'd like to use all the .debs, but I also
> > want to update the idiot's guide pretty soon, which I'm not prepared to do
> > until I've tried it (for obvious reasons) :)
>
> Don't hold your breath. slang and ae are not critical, just leave them out.
> I can't say when I can do it because there are more important things right
> now, like dpkg. please don't hesitate to update your idiots guide (is this
> pc, btw? :) without slang/ae.
>
> > If you're in Germany, try sunsite (UK, but quicker than US). Maybe on the
> > german sunsite mirror?
>
> Right, I forgot that sunsite mirrors it, and sunsite mirrors are easy to
> find.

I've looked at the sunsite mirror in Stuttgart, Germany, and it does not
carry the alpha.gnu.org stuff. The I looked again at the sunsite mirror
in UK and it seems that alpha is not mirrored inside the sunsite
hierarchy. Rather, it seems to happen that this site also mirrors alpha
independently of sunsite.

-- Matthias