Re: Problems getting the .debs :(

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 11:10:45PM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> > The 106-0.3 should be in the archive, or they were delayed or rejected. If you
> > can't get them, use 106-0.2 or make Gordon upload them to alpha...
>
> OK - I got 106-0.2. from the uk mirror (phew)

106-0.2 works fine, it is a tested version. 106-0.3 works also. I will test
109 soon.

> > Sorry. Slang was rejected because it was an old version. Either get the tar
> > ball (in it is my old version), or wait for me to upload slang1.
>
> How long is this likely to be? I'd like to use all the .debs, but I also
> want to update the idiot's guide pretty soon, which I'm not prepared to do
> until I've tried it (for obvious reasons) :)

Don't hold your breath. slang and ae are not critical, just leave them out.
I can't say when I can do it because there are more important things right
now, like dpkg. please don't hesitate to update your idiots guide (is this
pc, btw? :) without slang/ae.

> If you're in Germany, try sunsite (UK, but quicker than US). Maybe on the
> german sunsite mirror?

Right, I forgot that sunsite mirrors it, and sunsite mirrors are easy to
find.

Thanks!