Re: Compiling gnumach 19981025

> Is there information available for anonymous CVS? Which software is
> available from there (out of mig, gnumach, hurd and sim.)? Last time I
> checked hurd was only availabel via AFS, has this changed already?

Sorry, I thought I had posted this already.
Gord, please get this info on the web and post the pointer.

We are still looking for mirror sites, since gnu.org's connectivity and
horsepower is not so great.  Anyone who can be a mirror (using rsync, or if
you have AFS yourself), please contact me and/or <gord@gnu.org>.

The master Hurd CVS repository remains in AFS, at:
	/afs/sipb.mit.edu/project/hurddev/cvsroot
Anyone who has AFS (or Arla) is most welcome to use this directly if that
is convenient for you.  (If it gets to be dozens of you, the load on MIT's
AFS servers may be a problem and we'll ask you to use other mirrors instead.)

There is a read-only mirror available for anonymous CVS, at:
	cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.gnu.org:/gd/gnu/anoncvsroot
Use `cvs -d ... login' and just hit return at the password prompt.
(Or just add the line ":pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.gnu.org:/gd/gnu/anoncvsroot A"
to your ~/.cvspass file, without the quotes.)

This is a straight mirror of the AFS repository, updated once a day (when
gnu.org's net connection doesn't flake out) at about 6am US/Eastern time.

There is also a mirror in Japan, I don't have the details handy.

However you get the repository, there are modules `mig', `gnumach', and
`hurd', and the alias `all' for all three of them.

For example, after the login command above, you can do:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.gnu.org:/gd/gnu/anoncvsroot checkout mig

Enjoy,
Roland