Re: fileutils-3.16: rpl_fnmatch undefined when cross-compiling for Hurd

Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@trick.fig.org> writes:

| [text/plain]
|
| Hi!
|
| The attached patch fixes a problem where configure would assume that
| fnmatch doesn't work when cross-compiling, but lib/fnmatch.c only
| defines fnmatch on non-glibc systems.
|
| I chose to fix this by changing the part of configure.in that
| redefines fnmatch as rpl_fnmatch.  There are probably better ways of
| fixing this problem, but I can't think of any right now.
|
| 1998-09-06  Gordon Matzigkeit  <gord@trick.fig.org>
|
| 	* configure.in (AC_FUNC_FNMATCH): Use AM_GLIBC so that we don't
| 	accidentally use rpl_fnmatch when cross-compiling for the Hurd
| 	(lib/fnmatch.c never defines rpl_fnmatch on a GNU libc system).
|
| 	* m4/Makefile.am (EXTRA_DIST): Add glibc.m4.
|
| 	* m4/glibc.m4 (AM_GLIBC): New macro to test for GNU C Library
| 	versions 1 and 2.

Thanks Gordon.
I've applied these changes, though slightly reorganized:

        * configure.in: Remove use of AC_FUNC_FNMATCH and associated code.
        Now, it is invoked through jm_MACROS.

And in m4/ChangeLog:

        * jm-macros.m4 (jm_MACROS): Require jm_FUNC_FNMATCH.

        * fnmatch.m4 (jm_FUNC_FNMATCH): New file/macro.  Extracted from
        ../configure.in, including a change from Gordon Matzigkeit to allow
        cross-compiling for the Hurd.

        * glibc.m4: New file/macro to test for the GNU C Library
        versions 1 and 2.  From Gordon Matzigkeit.
        Indent.

For details, see the next test release of fileutils (not yet released):

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/fetish/fileutils-3.16z.tar.gz