Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-10

On 5/6/19 9:16 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> I just tried a later ISO (from 2019-04-20) on one of my rp3440s and
> didn't recognize the issue(s) Meelis mentioned.
>
> I used a "normal" mode installation. The whole installation behaved like
> e.g. it does on ppc64: i.e. mirror information need to be entered
> manually, there's no country selection and the installer also doesn't
> ask for the Debian codename/release to install.

Were you able to install the base system without networking, i.e. did the
installer pull additional installer components from cdrom instead over
the network? If yes, my original suspicion that debian-installer on hppa
is running in netboot mode would not be confirmed.

> @Meelis:
> As you didn't mention what image you were using exactly, which ISO did
> you actually use for testing (the date of creation is included in the
> `/README.txt` on the ISO/disc)?

And I would need an exact replay of the individual steps. We often have
people that use the debian-installer in unusual ways like with a custom
kernel and initrd and then complain it doesn't work. debian-installer
must be booted from the CD image using both the kernel and initrd provided
on the CD otherwise it cannot be guaranteed the whole setup works correctly.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz