Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-10

@Meelis:
As you didn't mention what image you were using exactly, which ISO did
you actually use for testing (the date of creation is included in the
`/README.txt` on the ISO/disc)?

-r--r--r-- 1 root root  4930 apr   12 01:16 README.txt

And I would need an exact replay of the individual steps. We often have
people that use the debian-installer in unusual ways like with a custom
kernel and initrd and then complain it doesn't work. debian-installer
must be booted from the CD image using both the kernel and initrd provided
on the CD otherwise it cannot be guaranteed the whole setup works correctly.

Hmm, I do not know what to add - I told I booted from the CD, did not interact with the IPL.

I downloaded https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/2019-04-20/debian-10.0-hppa-NETINST-1.iso
and retried with that on the sama A180c with external SCSI CD-ROM.

And this image seems to work! I loaded components from CD and got me to hard disk partitioning.
Will continue some other day when I put another disk in for install test (I do not want to
destroy my old installation).

So the log below is proabbly not so interesting any more since this one works.

It boots the kernel (I have serial capture), then waits long time after
[   13.360438] zbud: loaded
[   58.648187] random: crng init done

and then continues with

[  250.214123] Key type asymmetric registered
and other kernel messages (including disk and cdrom detection) and then it starts the installer.

Select a language: English (default)

Select your location: other, Europe, Estonia

Configure locales: United States        -  en_US.UTF-8 (default)

Configure the keyboard: American English (default)

Detecting hardware to find CD-ROM

Configure the network: enp1s20: Digital Equipment Corporation DECchip 21142/43

Hostname: a180c (default from DNS)

Domain name: also default from my DNS

Set up users and passwords: root password 2 times, Full name for the new user, Username for your account, Choose a password for the new user (2 times)

Setting the clock (fixed date from Jan 07 to May 7 so it was probably wrong in hardware RTC)

Starting up the partitioner

Partition disks

--
Meelis Roos <mroos@linux.ee>