Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-10

On 5/6/19 9:16 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
I just tried a later ISO (from 2019-04-20) on one of my rp3440s and
didn't recognize the issue(s) Meelis mentioned.

I used a "normal" mode installation. The whole installation behaved like
e.g. it does on ppc64: i.e. mirror information need to be entered
manually, there's no country selection and the installer also doesn't
ask for the Debian codename/release to install.

Were you able to install the base system without networking, i.e. did the
installer pull additional installer components from cdrom instead over
the network? If yes, my original suspicion that debian-installer on hppa
is running in netboot mode would not be confirmed.

Just for completeness, although everything looks good with the latest
hppa installer ISO (from 2019-04-20):

I think the network configuration is done earlier than the base install
but after the additional installer components are installed in the
installer environment. Hence I assume it pulled the installer components
from disc and not from the network.

UPDATE: I just redid an install run with the network disconnected and
followed up until it pulls the installer components and can confirm,
that those are pulled from disc indeed with the ISO from 2019-04-20.

Cheers,
Frank

P.S.
How about updating the hppa installer ISO and meta information in [1]
with the one from 2019-04-20, now that we know it works on rp3440 and A180c?

[1]: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/10.0/hppa/