Re: Have my PA8800 back online...

On 2017-12-03, at 4:04 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> It looks like Dave could do with gcc support.

That's true.  Mostly, I've just been patching bugs.  In that area, the Debian package build logs have
been a huge help in spotting code generation issues that needed fixing.  Previously, the buildd
maintainers often didn't report problems or make me aware of them.

The big issue in gcc is the LRA transition.  I started once but the issues are difficult on hppa.

As indicated by Helge, we have a patch to build gccgo on hppa but the test results are not good.

There are some libraries that I haven't tried to build.

There are some issues with packages building with -fstack-protect which is not supported because
stack grows up.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net