Re: Bad LIF Image Error on Install for C8000 and J6750

Hi Jawahar,

On 09/18/2014 02:43 AM, Jawahar Panchal wrote:
Much thanks to everyone for help and patience! I will
installing/updating my J6750 during the week - and will hopefully be
looking to help test/contribute going forward.

If there is something in the Debian PA-RISC space that I can help out
with, please let me know! I am looking to put these machines to good
use, and hope to use them for a long time going forward - so please
let me know if there is any help that I can provide to the port! :)

If you want to contribute, there are probably things which need work like
updating the documentation in the Wiki (e.g. your steps to get it installed
with your MAC?), or code testing/fixing.
On the other side we are currently lacking debian buildd servers.
As you can see here:http://unstable.buildd.net/index-hppa.html
in the last weeks only the sibaris machine (C8000) and the parisc (A500-44) are constantly up and running.
sibaris is right down since 2 days (I don't know why yet), and it would be nice to have one additional buildd machine.
So if you have the possibilities (direct internet access and enough money to cover the power bill :-))
it would be great if I could use one of your machines as optional buildd..?

I don’t have the ability to host with a direct internet connection -
and the power bill is definitely a cause for concern! :) I am
available for code testing/fixing - I will poke around the hppa port
and see where I might be able to help - if there is anything specific
that you know of, please let me know!

This webpage:
http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/architecture.php?a=hppa&suite=sid
always shows which packages failed to build on hppa.
See in row "Build-Attempted".
Maybe you can find the reason/patches why some packages fail and report them as bugs in debian?

Or porting of
- openmpi ?
-openjdk (stack grows upwards)?
- ?