Re: Bad LIF Image Error on Install for C8000 and J6750

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 05:32:00 am Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jawahar Panchal wrote:
> > either a burn issue on the CD-RW
>
> Compare the CD-RW content with the downloaded ISO image.
> The only non-trivial aspect is to curb the comparison to the
> size of the ISO image file.
> On Linux i would do:
>
>   cdrom=/dev/cdrom
>
>   imagefile=...path.to.ISO.image.file...
>   size=$(expr $(ls -l "$imagefile" | awk '{print $5}') / 2048)
>
>   dd if="$cdrom" bs=2048 count=$size | diff - "$imagefile"
>
> If possible use the same drive as with the failed boot attempts.
>
> > IPL error: bad LIF magic.
>
> Does it expect to find a LIF filesystem image in the ISO ?
>
> In the web i find this error message with failed hard disks
> and a try to boot an Ubuntu amd64 ISO on PA-RISC.
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Hi,

	I had no trouble downloading the CD image and burning a bootable CD. My C3700
booted from CD OK and the install process ran smoothly.

	The first boot from HD using the new sid/jessie install stalled after a few
seconds. Something was still running because I goty an on-screen message when
I pushed the power button to kill it. I haven't had the chance to fault find
further.

Cheers,

Geoff.