Re: debootstrap from parisc-linux.org

Hello again,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 09:51:27AM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 4/23/2013 6:30 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
> > what I don't understand:
> > >dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libsigc++-1.2-dev:
> > >
> A new build of libsigc++-1.2-dev is now in the archive.

I just thought I'd send an update to let you know that I finally managed to
debootstrap unstable at last! I got hung up on a few issues along the way:

	- I was running the second stage over nfs, which caused a failure
	  when unpacking mount, since nfs-common wasn't included in my
	  filesystem and dpkg decided it was required.

	- I had to dpkg -i --force on a few packages in order to get
	  unpacking to succeed. One common issue was awk being unconfigured,
	  but I also had to do this for perl-base.

	- I added both debian-ports and parisc-linux, then did an apt-get -f
	  install, which appeared to resolve the libsigc++ and libstdc++
	  problems, allowing me to re-run debootstrap without failure.

As an aside, I tried multistrap too, but it tries to fetch `Sources' files,
which don't exist on either of the mirrors.

Anyway, cheers for the help.

Will