Re: debootstrap from parisc-linux.org

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 09:00:00PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 16-Apr-13, at 7:14 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
> > After discovering the joy that is the debian-ports archive, I saw a
> > recent
> > post on this list which suggested using ftp.parisc-linux.org instead:
>
> Actually, you should use ftp.parisc-linux.org in addition to what's on
> ports.  What's on ftp.parisc-linux.org
> is far from complete but it's a huge step forward.

I'm not sure it's possible to debootstrap from multiple archives, but I'll
bear that in mind if I get that far. I tried bootstrapping from
debian-ports, but that results in a hideous mess. I also get lots of
warnings from the kernel complaining about inconsistent aliases, which
suggests something might be miscompiled too.

> > Would it be possible to shuffle things around on the mirror please?
> > It'd be
> > great to have something recent working again, as I'm still on Sarge...
>

> At the moment, I don't think we have an InRelease file.  I also don't
> know how we would generate
> or maintain it.  However, it's probably needed if we are going to get
> a buildd going again.  Maybe Helge
> knows how to do this.

AFAICT, an InRelease file isn't needed if you have Release and Release.gpg
(we do). If they are moved under dists/, then that should be enough to get
past this roadblock, although I think the Packages file will also need some
work (probably regenerating) so that it doesn't include paths relative to
the current directory.

Will