Re: hppa release status

On 6/17/2008, "Domenico Andreoli" <cavok@dandreoli.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 05:03:59PM +0200, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
>>
>> Yet that doesn't change anything to the fact that the port is nowadays
>> clearly lacking manpower. The very few people actually doing work on the
>> port have unfortunately less and less time on their hands (I for one can
>> just keep up with my own chores, not much more), and we have no "fresh
>> blood" coming in to contribute. *That* is a problem...
>
>My idea of the problem is that PA-RISC is a dead architecture. Why "fresh
>blood" should invest on a dead horse? I would be glad to help but I need
>to invest more and more time for what? Maybe the glory to have helped
>PA-RISC live another couple of years and maybe a release cycle?  Really?

I don't blame you for saying that, but it seemed to me that Debian
(contrary to some other well known derivative) wasn't focusing only on
"lively" architectures and allowed "dead" ones to get a second life.
And it's not as if PA-RISC machines had only the horsepower of some
high end m68k box... ;P

Anyway, I'm afraid you're just stating a general feeling.

Cheers,

T-Bone