Re: hppa release status

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 05:03:59PM +0200, Thibaut VARENE wrote:

> Yet that doesn't change anything to the fact that the port is nowadays
> clearly lacking manpower. The very few people actually doing work on the
> port have unfortunately less and less time on their hands (I for one can
> just keep up with my own chores, not much more), and we have no "fresh
> blood" coming in to contribute. *That* is a problem...

My idea of the problem is that PA-RISC is a dead architecture. Why "fresh
blood" should invest on a dead horse? I would be glad to help but I need
to invest more and more time for what? Maybe the glory to have helped
PA-RISC live another couple of years and maybe a release cycle?  Really?

cheers,
Domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50