Re: hi and I need some help with an hp9000/889/k460

Hi,
> > > the 64bit kernel image. kernel starts and initializes everything, but
> > > then it writes
> > >
> > > "RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 12944k size 1024
> > > blocksize" "RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 12944k size
> > > 1024 blocksize" "RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 12944k
> > > size 1024 blocksize" "RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of
> > > 12944k size 1024 blocksize" "RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks
> > > of 12944k size 1024 blocksize"
> >
> > known problem, see:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2006/01/msg00088.html
>
> Replying to myself as I realize i might have read that a bit too
> quickly. This message isn't bogus per se, and is unrelated to the
> message i linked to (my bad, shouldn't post past 2AM :P).
>
> The dump i'm seeing on that picture:
> http://kankra.homelinux.org/thg/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_
>itemId=421 might be the actual bug...

as i said, these lines are not displayed when using the 32bit kernel, but the
ramdisk error is the same. Somewhere in the net i read about 32bit
compatibility of these hp machines, is it possible to use the 32bit kernel
for the installation?

the link you sent and the other links on that page show problems with the
ramdisk, but not exactly the same problem as we have it here, that the driver
for the ramdisk is loaded a thousand times, could nevertheless increasing the
ramdisk size be a solution?

cu
Dieter

--